DEMAND.FILM is an online platform that lets individuals and organisations choose a film they want to play at their local cinema. Here’s how it works:
1. Visit POWER MERI on the DEMAND.FILM website using the buttons below.
2. Sign up to host the screening by becoming the event’s ‘promoter’.
3. Indicate your preferred date, time and cinema and DEMAND.FILM will get in touch to confirm the details.
4. Spread the word! Invite friends and community to buy tickets via the ticket link.
5. Once enough tickets are sold (usually 40–50) by a designated date, the screening is confirmed. If not enough tickets are sold, no one is charged and the event is cancelled.
You can also choose to host a screening in a setting of your choice. This can be anywhere, from a boardroom to a community hall, a church to a university lecture theatre. We charge a minimal license fee for this option, and will send DVD and some handy tips to plan your screening.
If you would like to host a discussion or Q&A after the film, get in touch with us and we can connect you with the filmmakers and other experts. We’ll also provide you with digital posters and marketing materials for your screening.
Just fill in the form below and we’ll be in touch.