DEMAND.FILM is an online platform that lets individuals and organisations choose a film they want to play at their local cinema. Here’s how it works:
1. Visit POWER MERI on the DEMAND.FILM website using the buttons below.
2. Sign up to host the screening by becoming the event’s ‘promoter’.
3. Indicate your preferred date, time and cinema and DEMAND.FILM will get in touch to confirm the details.
4. Spread the word! Invite friends and community to buy tickets via the ticket link.
5. Once enough tickets are sold (usually 40–50) by a designated date, the screening is confirmed. If not enough tickets are sold, no one is charged and the event is cancelled.
A virtual screening with your community, work group, sports club or friend is a wonderful way to connect at this time!
Power Meri is now being watched via virtual screenings all over the world. To host one, fill in the form below and we will be in touch.
Once confirmed, we will send a password protected screening link, instructions on how to host a virtual screening and a digital media kit to help you promote your screening. Add a post screening discussion or Q&A with a video conference program such as Zoom.
We charge a small licence fee which goes to cover the costs of running the screening program and making Power Meri available at no cost to resource poor countries.